Terms and conditions
By booking into a class you agree to the following Terms & Conditions for Genesia Pty Ltd ACN 120 563 55 (“we”), trading as Genesia Pilates:
- All sessions are by appointment only and must be paid for prior to the session. Sessions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Mat work and personalised equipment classes are 60 minutes in duration unless otherwise specified. Synchronised reformer classes are 45 minutes in duration unless otherwise specified.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please contact us as soon as possible either by email on email@example.com, via our online booking system or by phone or text on 0475 175 920.
- We have a strict 12 hour cancellation policy. We understand that sometimes unforeseeable circumstances can arise, however we have to be consistent in applying the cancellation policy to be fair to all our clients. Late cancellations will incur a lost session.
- We endeavour to provide consistent session times, however from time to time we may need to change the timetable or cancel a session. If a session is cancelled, you will not be charged for the session. We will notify you by text, email or phone should a session be cancelled. In the event of a cancelation, we will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible.
- We reserve the right to restrict clients to a particular class type for health and safety reasons. We also reserve the right to request medical clearance prior to the commencement of any class if the instructor deems it necessary. If you have any significant history of health or physical issues that may be relevant to undertaking strenuous exercise, we recommend that you consider advice from a GP prior to commencing Pilates.
- During pregnancy, for health and safety reasons, you can only attend group mat classes up to the end of the first trimester. You may attend equipment classes throughout your pregnancy if you have medical clearance. You will be asked to complete an authority to exercise form.
- Mat work classes and synchronised reformer classes- the following terms and expiries apply to the purchase of packs of mat work classes and synchronised reformer classes packs:
- If your regular class is cancelled or the studio is closed (eg public holidays), you will receive an extension to your pack expiry date to cover the classes that you were unable to attend.
- Five week pack of mat work classes or synchronised reformer classes – the pack commences from the date of the first class and is valid for one class per week for five weeks. The pack expires five weeks after the commencement date. You are eligible for one make up class per pack purchase. If you cannot make a class, you must provide at least 12 hours notice. Notice can be given by phoning or texting 0475 175 920 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ten week pack of mat work classes or synchronised reformer classes– the pack commences from the date of the first class and is valid for one class per week for ten weeks. The pack expires ten weeks after the commencement date. You are eligible for two make up classes per pack purchase. If you cannot make a class, you must provide at least 12 hours notice. Notice can be given by phoning or texting 0475 175 920 or emailing email@example.com.
- Equipment class packs – the pack commences from the date of the first class. Introductory packs are valid for four weeks, whilst packs of 10 are valid for four months. No extensions will be provided, except in extenuating circumstances (eg medical reasons). Any requests for extensions will be assessed on a case by case basis and is at the discretion of studio management. Extensions must be requested prior to the expiry date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
- It is compulsory to wear clean socks and maintain personal hygiene.
- Any personal information is kept strictly confidential. We do not pass on information or sell to third parties any of your personal details.
- If you arrive late to a session, you will still be required to finish at the allotted time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, we retain the right to refuse your session.
- Pilates aims to correct compensatory muscle recruitment patterns and improve posture. During your session, we will use physical contact to correct your movements. Please inform your instructor if you are uncomfortable with physical contact. Our instructors adhere to strict professional standards. Please speak to studio management if you have any concerns about your instructor’s use of physical contact.
- Prior to commencing sessions at the studio, you will be required to complete a client registration form. We will review the form and, in certain circumstances, we may request that you obtain medical clearance prior to attending a session. It is your responsibility to ensure the information that you provide to us is up-to-date. Please inform your instructor if any of your circumstances change after completing the registration form. This includes (but is not limited to) any injuries, pregnancy, ongoing illnesses or diseases, or any significant condition that requires medical treatment.
- During your sessions, we may take photos for marketing and promotional purposes. Please inform your instructor if you do not want your photo used for these purposes.